Problem Statement Let thus , we construct a stochastic process as , this kind of random variable are called hypoexponential random variables. We define a counting process such that . …
About the Author
Hello and Welcome at thebigdatablog.com. My name is Heiko Wagner and this Website is about stuff which is somewhat related to my research. However, this website has a different focus. While my research is mostly about theoretical properties of various estimators, this website is focussed on implementation details, in particular if we are facing a large amount of data. Beside I also want to present different projects I carried out in my spare time to a larger audience.
- Heiko Wagner and Alois Kneip “Nonparametric Registration to Low-Dimensional Functionspaces” published in Computational statistics & data analysis 2019, Vol. 138, 49-63. R Code
- Maria Grith, Heiko Wagner, Wolfgang K. Härdle and Alois Kneip “Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multidimensional Curves” published in Statistica Sinica 2018 Vol. 28, 2469-2496. Matlab Code
- Dominik Poß and Heiko Wagner “Analysis of juggling data: Registering data to principal components to explain amplitude variation” published in the Electronic Journal of Statistics 2014, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1825-1834.
- CMStatistics 2016, Sevilla Spain, Dec 2016
- Annual Meeting of the SSC 13, Edmonton Canada, May 2013
- CTW: Statistics of Time Warpings and Phase Variations, Columbus USA, Nov 2012
- Workshop on Neuroeconomics at CENs, Bonn Germany, 2010
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Biometrics, 2019, 2020
Notable non scientific projects:
In many applications actuaries, data scientists or researchers are confronted with datasets like shown in Table 1. While nominal variables, as in the first or second column, can be used …
Introduction A while ago I applied NLP strategies to implement an algorithm that is capable to guess a password. Since then a new method called transformer was developed and successfully …