I recently realized that I have a certain habit when it comes to stock trading even though I used to tell myself that “every trading strategy is useless because the …
About the Author
Hello and Welcome at thebigdatablog.com. My name is Heiko Wagner and this Website is about stuff which is somewhat related to my research. However, this website has a different focus. While my research is mostly about theoretical properties of various estimators, this website is focussed on implementation details, in particular if we are facing a large amount of data. Beside I also want to present different projects I carried out in my spare time to a larger audience.
- Heiko Wagner and Alois Kneip “Nonparametric Registration to Low-Dimensional Functionspaces” published in Computational statistics & data analysis 2019, Vol. 138, 49-63. R Code
- Maria Grith, Heiko Wagner, Wolfgang K. Härdle and Alois Kneip “Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multidimensional Curves” published in Statistica Sinica 2018 Vol. 28, 2469-2496. Matlab Code
- Dominik Poß and Heiko Wagner “Analysis of juggling data: Registering data to principal components to explain amplitude variation” published in the Electronic Journal of Statistics 2014, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1825-1834.
- CMStatistics 2016, Sevilla Spain, Dec 2016
- Annual Meeting of the SSC 13, Edmonton Canada, May 2013
- CTW: Statistics of Time Warpings and Phase Variations, Columbus USA, Nov 2012
- Workshop on Neuroeconomics at CENs, Bonn Germany, 2010
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Biometrics, 2019, 2020
Notable non scientific projects:
Estimating maxima and minima of a noisy curve turns out to be very hard and to a large part is still an open question. In this blog post we will discover some strategies …
Working at my post about the dask cluster, I realized that the code snippets presented in the post will eventually change in my GitHub Repo. I wanted to avoid having …