In this article we will show a way to do high performance parallel computing at a Kubernetes cluster using task. A primary focus is that we want to archive the …
All you (not) want to know
About the Author
Hello and Welcome at thebigdatablog.com. My name is Heiko Wagner and this Website is about stuff which is somewhat related to my research. However, this website has a different focus. While my research is mostly about theoretical properties of various estimators, this website is focussed on implementation details, in particular if we are facing a large amount of data. Beside I also want to present different projects I carried out in my spare time to a larger audience.
- Heiko Wagner and Alois Kneip “Nonparametric Registration to Low-Dimensional Functionspaces” published in Computational statistics & data analysis 2019, Vol. 138, 49-63. R Code
- Maria Grith, Heiko Wagner, Wolfgang K. Härdle and Alois Kneip “Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multidimensional Curves” published in Statistica Sinica 2018 Vol. 28, 2469-2496. Matlab Code
- Dominik Poß and Heiko Wagner “Analysis of juggling data: Registering data to principal components to explain amplitude variation” published in the Electronic Journal of Statistics 2014, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1825-1834.
- CMStatistics 2016, Sevilla Spain, Dec 2016
- Annual Meeting of the SSC 13, Edmonton Canada, May 2013
- CTW: Statistics of Time Warpings and Phase Variations, Columbus USA, Nov 2012
- Workshop on Neuroeconomics at CENs, Bonn Germany, 2010
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Biometrics, 2019, 2020
Notable non scientific projects:
This post is supposed to give a brief introduction in Frequency-Severity models. These models are very popular for determine the optimal price for an insurance. We will take a look …
1. Setup In a previous post it was shown how to speed up the computation of a kernel density using the Fast Fourier Transform. Conceptually a kernel density is not …