In this article we will show a way to do high performance parallel computing at a Kubernetes cluster using task. A primary focus is that we want to archive the …
About the Author
Hello and Welcome at thebigdatablog.com. My name is Heiko Wagner and this Website is about stuff which is somewhat related to my research. However, this website has a different focus. While my research is mostly about theoretical properties of various estimators, this website is focussed on implementation details, in particular if we are facing a large amount of data. Beside I also want to present different projects I carried out in my spare time to a larger audience.
- Heiko Wagner and Alois Kneip “Nonparametric Registration to Low-Dimensional Functionspaces” published in Computational statistics & data analysis 2019, Vol. 138, 49-63. R Code
- Maria Grith, Heiko Wagner, Wolfgang K. Härdle and Alois Kneip “Functional Principal Component Analysis for Derivatives of Multidimensional Curves” published in Statistica Sinica 2018 Vol. 28, 2469-2496. Matlab Code
- Dominik Poß and Heiko Wagner “Analysis of juggling data: Registering data to principal components to explain amplitude variation” published in the Electronic Journal of Statistics 2014, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1825-1834.
- CMStatistics 2016, Sevilla Spain, Dec 2016
- Annual Meeting of the SSC 13, Edmonton Canada, May 2013
- CTW: Statistics of Time Warpings and Phase Variations, Columbus USA, Nov 2012
- Workshop on Neuroeconomics at CENs, Bonn Germany, 2010
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Biometrics, 2019, 2020
Notable non scientific projects:
This post is supposed to give a brief introduction in Frequency-Severity models. These models are very popular for determine the optimal price for an insurance. We will take a look …
1. Setup In a previous post it was shown how to speed up the computation of a kernel density using the Fast Fourier Transform. Conceptually a kernel density is not …